“But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.”
A very similar verse to yesterdays; I probably should have included it in yesterday’s discussion. Instead of going over this same topic again, I want to mention a side topic instead; aren’t you glad we don’t live in a culture where people are beaten for doing good?
But there is a day coming when all Christians will face active persecution for the sake of Christ. Just as there are Christians hiding out in various parts of the world at this moment. I sometimes wonder if I would choose Christ if it cost me my job and my friends? How about you, would you choose Christ if your family would disown you or even kill you if they found out? It’s a tough question.
That is the reality for many believers today – I could tell you stories of daughters held captive in their homes, beaten by their father and brothers for accepting Christ; or sons who chose Christ and had to flee for their lives with nothing but the clothes on their back. But you know these stories as well as I do…
Please don’t forget about these precious saints who are persecuted for doing good. Please pray for them – pray that they will be bold in their faith and have the courage to endure this present suffering knowing that God will redeem them. It is their only hope…and ours too.
No comments:
Post a Comment