Friday, December 18, 2009

I'll be Home for Christmas

Lynda, Levi, and I are leaving for Oklahoma and eventually, Texas this afternoon – please pray for us as we take Levi on his first extended road trip since he became mobile. Sleep, baby, sleep!

As we move toward Christmas and the New Year, I’ve been thinking about 2010. Specifically, what my devotional time will look like. Since Levi was born, my time with God has been sporadic at best. He wakes up so early that I can’t do a morning quiet time, and by the time the evening comes around, I’m too tired or have forgotten about it completely.

My most consistent quiet times come when I am on a set program. So I have decided on the program I will use next year – would anyone like to join me? It’s a read the bible in a year program that I have done a few times. Here’s a link to it:

http://www.navpress.com/uploadedFiles/BRP2.pdf

My favorite thing about this program is you get Sunday off every week. It’s a built in catch-up day and for me, really takes some of the pressure off. You read a few chapters and a psalm or proverb most every day – it is excellent!

So if you don’t have something lined out for next year, why not work through this program with me – it is challenging (which is a good thing), I think you will really enjoy it – and I know God will bless it! So jump on board on January 1, or begin now to get a head start. No need to let me know one way or the other, unless you would like some accountability.

Lynda and I are so thankful for the privilege of serving with you and are humbled to walk alongside you for a few months every year. Blessings on you and your family!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: