Philippians 1:3-5 – Gracias, Toda,
Mahalo, Spacibo, Danke, and Merci!
“I thank my God every
time I remember you. (4) In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with
joy (5) because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now…”
Perhaps more than any other statement, this passage sums up
how Lynda and I feel about you as WRR staff (past and present). And not just us, but I am confident I can
speak for the Crosbys, the Board of Directors, Don and Sara, Nick and Emily,
Becky, and the guests of WRR. I realize
it’s not Thanksgiving yet, but I’m going to take advantage of this passage to
express my thanks to you…and to Christ for you.
Like Paul, I thank God every time I remember you. Lynda and I
are continually amazed at the number of young people who are willing to come
out to a ranch in Colorado and spend their summer working really hard for very
little or no money. Year after year more
of you show up, like manna from heaven, with just the right skills, just the
right personality, just the right giftedness to complete the jigsaw puzzle that
is the ranch staff.
We want to thank you for sharing part of your lives with us
and allowing us to share our lives with you.
Your willingness to serve is a constant encouragement and challenge to
us and an incredible example for our children.
Speaking of which, thank you for putting up with, playing with, and
loving our children – it makes us so happy to see them interact with you. And we are also beyond thankful that you help
us keep our music tastes up to date.
Thank you for being who God created you to be! We are praying for you and thank God for you
at every remembrance. Your assignment is to think of someone you are thankful
for and tell them what a blessing they are in your life. The best time to encourage some is right now.
“But
encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of
you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.” – Hebrews 3:13
1 comment:
Thanks Rob! I am very thankful for my time at Wind River and pray for many more years of ministry. Blessings to you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
JoLisa
Post a Comment